Monday, January 8, 2007

Newest Toy

I'm a person who really likes toys, be it an actual toy like the many on my desk or some new tech thing like an iPod or Xbox 360. Here is my newest toy and boy is she nice.














Since as long as I can remember I've wanted to mess around with this style of toy. I'm from the south, my family and friends were always into cars. Big muscle cars were the ones of choice. When I was actually old enough to drive however this type of car wasn't viable, I just never had the money. Now we're doing a okay, for the most part, and it was time.















The nice thing about a Mustang is that they aren't really considered a sports car. It has room in the back, well kinda, enough for the little one. We didn't get a GT/V8, we got the V6. She is actually used, a 2006 but only 2400 miles on her. We looked for new ones but saved almost $7,000 on the sticker by getting a used one. With only 2400 miles though she is virtually a new car, basically we got a new car without paying the 'drive it off the lot' tax.














As you can see about she is the best kind of new, fast car, mine. Sure Pretty Bird can drive it once she figures out how. Pretty Bird can't drive a manual so right now this beauty is all mine.

We actually picked her up on Wednesday but it has been raining all week so I couldn't get a good picture. We also didn't want to spoil the surprise to my youngest brother, he has a ~1991 GT 5.0 and like any good American just loves the 2005 and beyond Mustang.

The Corvette will have to wait. We almost bought a 1984 Corvette with only 78,000 miles on it instead but wanted to wait. When we get a house with a garage we'll buy a 70's style Corvette and fix her up. Right now though we'll be fine with this beauty. Not quite a sports car but she sure is worthy of the Mustang tradition.

3 comments:

TheGirard said...

very nice...you can Gaeta can have a street race

Hayden said...

Bitchin'!!

Anonymous said...

Are you going to take more pictures of it today?