Saturday, January 20, 2007

Championship Weekend

Tomorrow is an AFC Championship game without the Steelers, do they even hold them without the Steelers? I mean they have been in three out of the last five (well tomorrow will make it three out of the last six).

NFC - Saints at Bears
Everyone and their mother is picking the Saints, I think I even saw Lovie Smith picking the Saints. The Bears are favored and despite me really rooting for the Saints I think they are a better team. I think Berriman and the rest of the Bears WRs will take advantage of the poor Saints DBs. I'm not a huge fan of Cover-2 teams but it is a great defense when the other team has to pass a lot.
Bears 31, Saints 21

AFC - Patriots at Colts
Man I want to pick Peyton. I think the Colts are a better team, I think Peyton is the best player in the NFL (sorry LdT), and I think they're due. I can't pick against the Patriots in the playoffs however. Tom Brady is 12-1 in the playoffs, something dumb like 23-1 on turf, and 10-0 in domes. What does that mean, other than the Patriots being really good who knows. Every part of me says pick the Colts except that whole Patriot mystique thing. I know I wouldn't bet either way on this game.
Patriots 27, Colts 17

No comments: