Saturday, January 20, 2007

First Blood

Rambo was on one of the HD movie channels and as I was flipping through them Pretty Bird was making fun of Stallone and Rambo. I've been trying to tell her that First Blood is actually a good movie. Based on my previous assertions that First Blood is a good movie she had purchased it for me last year at some random holiday that I should remember. Anyways I haven't watched it and in fact I hadn't watched in quite a few years. Being prompted by Rambo being on TV we threw First Blood into the DVD player.

It turns out I was remembering the novel as being very good. The movie isn't very good but the novel by David Morrell is one I'd recommend. They are both very dated but the novel doesn't make Rambo to be a very sympathetic character at all which obviously had to be changed for the screen. The movie isn't horrible but it isn't very good either. The acting by Richard Crenna (Colonel Trautman) if you call acting, is atrocious to the point of being painful. Stallone and Dennehy are fine. The movie is actually pretty short which I found odd but I guess doesn't matter either way.

If you haven't seen First Blood by now there is really no reason to now.

No comments: