Thursday, November 10, 2005

Mama don't let your kids grow up to be...game company employees?

Part one of my many part rant about not doing your hobby as a job. I won't touch on it often and it really is superficial. It is surprising how often things do come up that I really used to enjoy that I know view as a chore or even something I despise. I do love my job but sometimes doing something just pisses me off, something like...

Sorting Cards.

I used to like sorting cards, not hours on end mind you, but I liked sorting cards. It was fun to go through my collection and put them in whatever order they needed to be in. Now I sort cards, my cards, my jobs cards, cards for prizes, whatever, and it isn't fun, just not fun. I don't mind it per se, I just don't like it. I guess after sorting the entire run of promos for many, many different sets for more hours than I care to remember will do that to you.

6 comments:

Mkae said...

Did you get the old line "It's impossible to have the cards sorted as they're cut" line?

I'm with you on card sorting. I'm so over it. I haven't had to sort miniatures yet but I imagine it's got to be easier.

Brad said...

Be careful blogging about your job ... no one wants to see you get dooced.

TMac said...

I'm not complaining about my job, I like my job, I liked my previous job. I get to work in a game division of a toy company, how cool is that. I just to point out that working at a game company isn't all money and women.

TheGirard said...

You only hate it because you arne't good at it ;)

BubbaJoe said...

Since it isn't all money and women, does that mean is is partially money and women? Possibly only money or only women? I would take any of the partial women part, as engineering is not the place to meet chicks. =)

Jason said...

It's neither, unless you worked at Decipher, circa 1996-97. Then there were both.