Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Catchers can't move runners over

So I'm packing and Major League is on. This is one of my absolute favorite baseball movies, I just love it. It's at the end of the movie, Willie Mays Hayes, courtesy of Wesley Snipes not Omar Epps, is on second. Jake Taylor is the next batter up. Now here is my problem, what is Jake Taylor, your out of shape, old, worn down catcher, doing hitting second. That just doesn't make any sense, just no sense at all. Obviously the movie is set up to allow Tom Berenger's Jake Taylor to be the hero (Charlie Sheen's Rick Vaughn also pitching in top half of the ninth inning) but come on, old washed up catchers with bad knees don't hit second.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well who else was gonna hit second? Corbin Bernsen? Big black dude (I forget his name) that couldn't hit a curve ball until he renounced Jobu?