Saturday, November 5, 2005

7+3 = 73


Being the great husband I am and knowing my lovely wife like I do I got her the recently released Complete Calvin and Hobbes for her birthday. This huge compilation of the greatest newspaper comic isn’t the story though. The story is getting to spend time reading it to my six year old. I loved Calvin and Hobbes during its run, I can’t believe it has been ten years since it left us. I read her a week’s worth of strips at a time, usually before bed, and she giggles, laughs, and really enjoys the stories of the adventurous Calvin and his trusty stuffed tiger Hobbes. Of course she doesn’t understand most of Watterson’s jokes, she just likes the images of a world through the eyes of a boy and his tiger. I love it because I get to spend time with her and relive the greatest funny of all time, week by week.

Yes Hobbes, 7+3 is 73, at least week by week for 15 minutes at a time before bedtime for my angel and I.