Tuesday, November 29, 2005

5 Days to Go

Sports losses don’t upset me. I guess some of that has to do with losing five AFC Championship games at home and of course the debacle that is the 1996 World Series. Am I happier when my team wins, of course I am. I just don’t get upset when they lose. This has been a really bad week for Team Trevor though. Florida won, Mets get Wagner and Delgado, and then the drumming by the hands of Peyton and the Colts. Tis life I guess.

The D really impressed me last night, not counting the 80 yard opening play disaster, at least compared to in the past. Since the days of Rod Woodson and Carnell Lake the Steelers haven’t had a very good pass defense. The young DBs are going to be good, right now they’re young so they’re going to make mistakes, more so with the aggressive style of play the Steelers use.

Maybe if they minimize the mistakes like don’t give up the bomb to Harrison, miss the field goal to tie it and give up momentum, throw the pick and penalty to give up a last second field goal in the first half, try the dumb onsides kick thing (love ya Cowher but that was dumb), or any of the dumb penalties they might have had a chance to, um nope Indy still wins. They’re just the best team in football.

None of that matters though, this week is a huge game. Win this weekend and we have the lead over Cincy, lose this week and it will be hard to make the playoffs. Good thing I’m going to be at Heinz Field on Sunday, oh I can’t wait.

5 comments:

TheGirard said...

I made money on the game last night with a $20 bet on the over under that Polamalu would get an interception (it was .5)

i took the over !!!!

Free $40 for me

TMac said...

That guy is good.

Unknown said...

Have fun in Steeltown! Hope for your sake they don't follow their pattern of losing when you're away from Charlotte.

Brad said...

I'm jealous that you will be there. Have fun!

Mkae said...

Gotta tell you, I about fell off my couch laughing when they showed the guy in the seats wearing the "Bill Cower Spit Shield".

Hee hee...I do so love watching him lose.

Have fun at the game!