Wednesday, November 9, 2005

Happy Release Day

Our first expansion, second product, was released today. It has been a great time working here. It has been a lot more work and challenges that I thought it would be. This company is actually a pretty large company and they’ve printed trading cards for over 10 years. I just assumed they were more prepared for getting into this industry and having a trading card game infrastructure than they did when I started in February. It just goes to show what happens when you assume. One thing that is always in front of me is that 95% of what I’m do is setting a standard or creating the programs for this company. How many times have you followed behind someone and wondered “why on earth did so and so do things this way”. It is constantly in the back of my mind, the only person I’m going to have to blame if this doesn’t work is me. Hopefully I’m doing it correctly, I believe that I am, that we are as an infant division in a large company. I’ve worked with some of the best people in this industry and I like to think I’ve learned from them, both the good and the bad. So hears to our second release!

5 comments:

Hayden said...

If you're not sure you're doing it correctly, just let me know and I'll be sure to tell you if you are right. :)

Jason said...

Funny, I've never heard Evan or Kathy congratulating me for setting the standard for Star Trek rules monitoring. A thankless job, it is...

Unknown said...

Here's to a happy release date, and many more to come. Bring on the next license (eagerly waiting...)!

TMac said...

OMG Rules Guru is such a thankless job.

BubbaJoe said...

I just got my boxes, and I must say that getting 2 chase exclusives in 2 boxes is much improved from the last set... =)

All in all it looks like a great set, with the only problem being all those pesky rules questions.

Now if we only had a good rules guy... =)