Wednesday, October 4, 2006

Top Movie List 31-40

Trevor’s Top Movies 31-40

40. Rounders (1998, John Dahl) – I would like this movie a lot even if I didn’t like playing poker. John Malkovich and Edward Norton are so good.

39. Spider-Man (2002, Sam Raimi) – When I was a child Spider-Man was my favorite, Amazing Spider-Man was the first comic I read on a regular basis, so I was hyped over an actual Spider-Man movie and this didn’t disappoint.

38. L.A. Confidential (1997, Curtis Hanson) – This movie only gets better and better each time I watch it. I don’t think Titanic ‘robbed’ this movie, it was much to grand not to win, but this movie is definitely the best movie from 1997.

37. Clerks (1994, Kevin Smith) – I mean honestly, where else on the list would Clerks belong than #37. Working 10 years in the service industry and I will tell you Kevin got so many things right.

36. The Fifth Element (1997, Luc Besson) – For some reason when this movie was released I didn’t enjoy it much. The more and more I watched it however the higher and higher it moves up on the list. Science fiction can be so much fun when done correctly.

35. The Great Escape (1963, John Sturges) – I love World War II movies and I love Steve McQueen, what else do you have to say.

34. Braveheart (1995, Mel Gibson) – Even if this movie stunk it would be pretty high on my list. This is the movie when I decided I wanted to date and first start flirting with Pretty Bird. I had to watch it a second time because the first time was busy with me and my buddy talking about stuff like “man what if you just dropped the Hulk into the middle of that battle” or “you know, maybe guns aren’t that bad”. If it wasn’t that it was flirting or embarrassing Pretty Bird in front of her mom. Oh yeah the movie, pretty damn good.

33. Love Actually (2003, Richard Curtis) – Funny, romantic, Keira Knightley, great soundtrack, an actual date with Pretty Bird, I mean what is there not to like about the movie. One other thing, next time you travel take Hugh Grant’s advice, look at the other people. Other than the few tired business travelers or people who’ve missed their planes it is full of people happy to be somewhere or happy to get home. The world might not actually be so bad after all.

32. Sneakers (1992, Phil Alden Robinson) – It is really hard to put into words how or why I like this movie so much. I think it good, not great but good, and has a great cast but that doesn’t explain why I like it, I just do.

31. Gladiator (2000, Ridley Scott) – Russell Crowe is incredible in this epic movie, you can’t not watch him on the screen. This, like most good movies, just gets better and better each time I watch it.

No comments: