Wednesday, October 4, 2006

Top 100 Movie List weirdness

Next up is the top 40 movies, the real tough portion of the list. There have been a few times when I’ve re-looked at the list from 41 to 100 and wondered why a specific movie was so low on the list. I stand by where any movie stands but there are choices at first glance look off. The top 40 is even worse, there are only a few in the top 10 that I know belong in a specific spot but almost everything else is tough choice. If you would have asked me a month ago about a specific movie in my top 40, about 35 of the 40 I would have said “yeah that would be in my top 10”. Obviously you can’t have 35 movies in your top 10 so the list ends up how it is. Before we get to the list I was bored and went over my list for some fun information.

I list the directors for each film but I should probably list the writers as well. A movie lives and dies with a good script and a good director. Writers just don’t get the fame, harder for me to remember them off hand.

72 –Directors I was able to pick without looking them up.

10 – Movies that have been director by someone named John (or Jonathon)

8 – Movies that have been directed by someone named Steve Spielberg.

11 - Movies made before the year I was born (1976).

0 - Movies made the year I was born.

24 - Movies made after the year the Little One was born (1999).

33 - Movies made between when I first started working at a movie theater (1993) and when I last worked at a movie theater (2000). I worked at a movie theater four different times, once in high school through some college, once full time as a manger for two years, one for two days as a manager trainee for a shitty theater, and once as a part time manager after the Little One was born. During that time I probably saw on average a movie every two weeks.

6 – Highest numbers of movies in a specific year, 1989 and 1999. I guess 2009 should be a good year for movies.

1 – Movies I’ve seen on a first date (not Pretty Bird).

1 – Movies when I decided I wanted to date Pretty Bird, she still does like Milk Duds.

3 – Movies I consider Pretty Bird and I to actually have been on a date.

25 – Movies that have made over 200 million dollars, the measure of a blockbuster, or so they say.

9 – Movies that have won the Academy Award for Best Picture, the measure of a good movie, or so they say.

78 – DVDs that we own.

No comments: