Saturday, February 16, 2008

Please just shut up

I had to catch a 6 something or other in the morning flight to come home today. I couldn't sleep because the family behind me in the little ass plane wouldn't shut up talking to the young couple going on vacation. It was obvious the young couple wanted the family to leave them alone but they were having none of it. My favorite was the dad pointing out to his 7 or 8 year old son his knowledge of Star Wars. The son was looking threw the Sky Mall magazine and it had the Sharper Image R2-D2 in it.

"Yeah that is the robot that Luke Skywalker built."

First they aren't robots, they are droids.
Second Luke Skywalker didn't build any droid or robot.
And finally, no whiny Slywalker, Luke or Anakin, can build R2.

I almost corrected them but then I'd be involved in their conversation. Next time please let me sleep.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Sure, he built it. That was right after Darth Vader beat up Captain Kirk. Don't you remember that?