Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

I'm not a fan of this holiday made up to sell more greeting cards, chocolate, and jewelry. I love my wife and I don't need an extra reason to buy her flowers or something shiny.

Still I do like this day. Eleven years ago my beautiful wife said the one word that change our lives forever, "Yes!"

She was still living at home (we're young now 31 and 29 and about to celebrate our 10th anniversary, we got hitched young) and had done something to piss her parents off. We hadn't really been on many dates around Valentine's Day. I want to say that it was our only date in a month or more, its been a long time. I obviously knew I wanted to ask, I had the ring and everything. I didn't really want to be sappy and ask her on Valentine's Day. The pain in the ass her parents were giving us didn't give me many options so I decided Valentine's Day would be great.

Of course it was great. We've had some really good Valentine's Days and some good birthday/VD combos (my birthday is near VD). This year is a telecommuting Valentine's Day since I'm stuck in the boredom that is bumble Connecticut. There's always next year.

Happy Valentine's Day Pretty Bird, I miss you.

No comments: