Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Election Day

It is election day and I haven't ranted about politics in about a week so it is time again.

You know I don't mind when a campaign keeps passing along information that isn't entirely true. What I mind is when the news keeps harping the same thing over and over again yet it isn't true. Hillary Clinton does not have more experience than Barack Obama. Obama actually has more time as an elected official than Clinton does. Being First Lady of the US and First Lady of Arkansas does not count as experience.

If you have to go to surgery tomorrow does the surgeon's wife or husband count? If you're robbed can the police officer's spouse investigate the crime? Sure the surgeon's spouse knows more about medicine and surgery than your or I do. And a cop's wife probably knows gun safety and crime prevention more than average person. I mean my wife knows TCGs better than a novice but I wouldn't call her a game designer. Being the wife of the President does not count as governmental experience.

So congratulations to Barak Obama for his 9th win in a row at the state of Wisconsin. He'll probably get his 10th as I go to bed in his home state of Hawaii. Hopefully Ohio and Texas can end this and allow him to spend money on a national campaign starting in a few weeks.

No comments: