Monday, July 9, 2007

Transformers

Man was this movie cool and a helluva good time. The theater was packed (the only way to see a huge popcorn movie, in a packed theater), everyone was enjoying the movie, it looked and sounded great. I didn't mind the changes, I mean they were changed from a 1980's cartoon, or the product placement. The Michael Bay-ness did take over the movie from time to time, man is that guy a hack. Even despite that the movie was well worth my $6.00. Indiana Jones Jr. was good, Megan Fox was pretty hot and the Transformers looked incredible on the screen. It was the perfect popcorn movie and right up there with 300 as my favorite movie in 2007. Hopefully the sequel will have Soundwave but I wonder if Grimlock, my favorite as a kid, will show up? Doubtful, a giant robot dinosaur probably won't work.

This now gives Hugo Weaving the trifecta in dork movie trilogies, you know Megatron will be back and you know there will be at least a third one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I paid $11 to have Micheal Bay crap on my child hood.

If I wanted to watch 2.5 hours of commercials I could have done that for free at home.