Thursday, July 5, 2007

Live Free or Die Hard

The original Die Hard is one of my all-time favorite action movies, maybe even my favorite. I loved when I was younger and first saw it, later when my college buddies and I watched, and now with Pretty Bird and I liking it as one of our two Christmas movies. The second Die Hard is enjoyable if not trying too hard to be more over the top than the first one. The third Die Hard is just awful and that is painful for me to say, it had a great cast. Sam Jackson and Jeremy Irons along with John McClane can't help it be good, oh well.

The fourth installment didn't bring back my favorite element, him being trapped somewhere, of the original one. It didn't however bring back all of the 80's action movie craziness, you know the Die Hard, Lethal Weapon, Beverly Hills Cop, craziness. The movie is about as believable as Star Trek but it is fun to watch. I really like Timothy Olyphant and he was pretty good in this movie. John McClane gets to drag a Mac around, who uses a PC, shows how versatile Macs are. Kevin Smith is good, the action is lots of fun, and of course good one liners. Good times.

2 comments:

TheGirard said...

this movie kicked a lot of ass.

Anonymous said...

"The third Die Hard is just awful"

I have to respectfully disagree with you on this one. For the a movie that is truly 'awful' try sitting through Epic Movie. DH3 isn't the greatest, but awful is such a strong word.

Of all of the free movies you took me to back in the day, this one is one of my favorites.

Congo was awful.

I look forward to seeing DH4.