Friday, March 30, 2007

Silly HBO

Pretty Bird and I have been debating canceling HBO for some time now. We do enjoy but outside of some of the original programming we're not sure it is worth $10 a month. Since we joined Direct TV we've actually only paid for HBO the past three months but have had it for free since we joined. There was a promotion when started Direct TV, then I got it free for a year when I signed up for Sunday Ticket, then the next year I got it free for six months when I signed up for Sunday Ticket.

Sopranos starts on Easter and we decided (well I decided and she agreed) that we'll keep it through the final season of Sopranos. The problem came up with Entourage. Entourage is a show that both of us actually watch on a regular basis and we didn't want to cancel it before the new season if we could avoid it. We were worried HBO would do what they normally do and start Entourage after Sopranos is done so they have four months of fun, new programming instead of just two. Nope, they are going to start Sopranos and Entourage at the same time meaning once they are done we can cancel it. Thanks HBO for only costing us another $20 or so.

No comments: