Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Last of the Jedi will you be

Today on HBO while we were unpacking the bedroom Return of the Jedi came on HBO. Like I've mentioned before when I was younger this was my favorite of The Trilogy. The good guys win, the finality of it all, a Jedi absolutely ravaging non-Jedis, what isn't to love. Another that I really enjoy is just how great of an ending chapter Jedi is, it has almost everything you expect out of an ending volume to a multi-part story. Save for maybe Return of the King nothing comes close to handling the end, from tying up loose ends to giving the fans everything they were looking for. Return of the Jedi just has it all.

This also is the last of The Trilogy to be watched a second time in 2007. With so much TiVo to catch up on and so many other movies to watch I'll probably have to skip them on future HBO viewings. Well I haven't been able to skip them yet, 30 years later let's see if I can do it going forward.

Now I just need to watch Episode 1 (painful) and Revenge of the Sith (not that painful) to have all six watched in 2007.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I'll probably have to skip them on future HBO viewings."

Who are you fooling?

One day you'll be in the bathroom and someone else will be flipping through the channels in the living room. All of a sudden, in mid-stream, you will hear the roar of speeder bikes.

You won't bother finishing in the bathroom. You will quickly join whomever was kind enough to stop on that channel while thinking up an excuse for why your pants are all wet.

You're not fooling me, and I hope you don't think you are fooling yourself.