Wednesday, February 1, 2006

Brokeback Mountain

Someone in my life is giving me crap about not wanting to see Brokeback Mountain. They said it was because I didn't want to see a movie about two gay cowboys and I was being homophobic. Now I could go on and on about how I'm not. Someone thinks you call them racist or sexist they immediately go on and list their non-racist or non-sexist feats. It drives me nuts when someone does that so I refuse to do that.

Back to the movie. I have no desire to see the movie for a number of reasons before we get to the crux of the pulicity for the movie. I don't like either of the leads, Heath Ledger in particular. I can probably count on one hand the amount of love story movies I've actually seen in the theater. I don't like love stories. I don't really like westerns either. I know this isn't a traditional western but it is still about two cowboys. So even if it was about a cowboy and his love affair with Elisha Cuthbert I still probably wouldn't want to see it, at least in the theaters. I will admit that it being a love story about two men isn't a selling point.

Like most movies I don't have a huge desire to see, if given the opportunity to see it later I probably will. I have Netflix and HBO and if the wife wants me to watch it with her later I'm sure I will watch it. I have forced her to watch a movie she didn't want to see from time to time.

4 comments:

TheGirard said...

lol

yer a homophobe. Go out and buy a George Michael CD to atone for your sins.

Hayden said...

Don't bother seeing the movie. It was a complete letdowm. From now on if people push you to see it, tell them you have no interest in seeing a drama about a person whose life is tragic because he refuses to say yes and listen to his heart. The movie has great acting, but there is no character growth and that my friends is a big no-no for a dramatic film - just ask Robert Redford.

TMac said...

Hey don't pick on Sundance ;)

Anonymous said...

Would you have seen it of it was about 2 Cowgirls?