Monday, February 6, 2006

Thanks for the Memories


What a Bus Ride it has been.

13662 Rushing Yards (another 674 in the playoffs), good for fifth on the all-time list.

92 Rushing Touchdowns (another 9 in the playoffs) putting him tied for eigth all-time, tied with Franco Harris. Now that is fitting.

I remember Jerome terrorizing college teams when he was with Notre Dame, including Florida State. I remember watching him as a rookie with the Rams. I remember my brother David and I meeting him at the 1994 NFL Experience in Atlanta, we were in line for Neil O'Donnell. It was still great to talk to him for a few minutes. I remember being at work with another Steelers fan and two Browns fans when we found out the Steelers traded for him. I remember him rushing for over 1600 in 1997, of course his thunder was stolen a little by TD in Denver. Most of all I remember Corners and Safties getting out of this way in the 3rd and 4th quarters. Now I will remember him holding up the Lombardi Trophy.

I will so miss singing "The Wheels on the Bus" with Emily when he scored a touchdown. So will Emily, at least that is what she says.

Thanks Jerome, the Wheels on the Bus do go round and round, all the way to Canton.

No comments: