Thursday, February 2, 2006

Idiots

I'm a horrible speller and if you've ever read my blog you know it is usually full of typos. However when I need to write something important to help me get a job or anything else I want, I do know how to write. I take the time to proof it, spell it correctly and eliminate the typos. I learned very early on in life that the horseshit they tell you in school about first impressions not meaning anything is a load of well, horseshit. First impressions are the only impressions.

Someone emailed me to become a volunteer, not really a job but for a 16 year old who wants free TCG product for his favorite game, a pretty big deal. He misspelled about five or six words including my name. Yeah that is a great first impression and I sure want you representing my product to consumers.

I was in the mall and someone had a job application. He was a kid, probably 16 or 17 and wearing a hat, basketball jersey, and ripped jeans. Sure a mall job is junk but you still gotta pretend you want it.

Idiots

This will be the last non-Steeler related blog post until after the Super Bowl. If you don't like it just deal with it.

Go Steelers!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Totally agree. I'm sick of interviewing people that arrive in sloppy attire, and I'm sick of reviewing applications that the HR gods have deemed "interview-worthy" (WTF...they didn't even spell 'apply' right!). I can't afford to have wannabes on my team - I need professionals, or at least people with the raw material and potential to reach that level.

Bah. Sorry. I just saw this on the wrong day, and it's particularly approprite for me at the moment. Preach on, Brother Trevor!

Anonymous said...

Mental note:
Appli four valluntear posicion in Treevors' companee theis weaken.

- Enrique