Friday, January 6, 2006

Monopoly Money

I’m doing a little work on the laptop at home. It is just my beautiful daughter and I are the only ones home and she decides that she wants to help. I’m also chatting with Single H and she thinks that is neat. She asks a few questions, Single H answers them, it goes on for a few minutes. Then she wants to see where Single H lives on the “computer map” so I fire up google maps. The first screen is a map of North America and apparently that is something my six year old has seen in Kindergarten. She points out where Canada is and has the quote of the week.

Canada is a different place daddy, they don’t even have real money.”

I was rolling, so was Single H, it was hilarious.

4 comments:

BubbaJoe said...

It sounds like your daughter has a firm grasp of economics. However I hadn't heard that they transitioned completely to Fan dollars, but I knew it was coming... =)

Mkae said...

You're training her well! :)

Anonymous said...

I try not to let my prejudices show, but my kids know that Canada Sucks.

It sounds like they are taking the right steps in NC also.

Hayden said...

As one who has spent several years in Canada I can honestly say it has its niceties. However, when you first arrive there and they start USA-bashing, the hypocricy is just too much. After all, we're not forcing them to listen to our music, eat at our food chains, watch our Hollywood movies in the theaters or use our Monopoly money as their own real currency.