Monday, January 23, 2006

2006 > 2005

I'm never one to look back, when I do take the time to look back I try to remember the good instead of the bad. We had a family loss in 2005 plus the destruction of The Company. Even with all of that I look back on 2005 as a good year. The three of us ended up at the end of the year healthy and happy, you can't ask for that much more out of a year.

Even with all of that 2006 is really starting off with a bang. A year ago today (or yesterday if you just count day of the week, not day of the month) the Steelers lost the AFC Championship Game. Yesterday the Steelers won the AFC Championship and are going to the Super Bowl. A year ago today (or tomorrow, who knows) I was laid off. Tomorrow still hasn't happened yet, who knows what will happen but I'm going out on a limb that short of me taking a shit on the bosses desk I still should have a job tomorrow.

I enjoyed the Steelers season last year but it ended pretty tough, a brutal defeat by Tom Brady and the Pats. The Steelers however are much better in the playoffs this year because of their miscues last year. I really enjoyed my time at Decipher, I really did. I loved the people, for the most part, that I worked with. It was an incredible experience and wouldn't trade most of it for anything. I look back however and it was for the better. I like where I am in my life, what I'm able to provide my family, and where I can go from here.

So like Evan said, it could be a skittish 48 hours but I'm pretty sure I should be fine tomorrow also. One thing is certain however this article will come up every year and make it so I won't forget when I was laid off.

2 comments:

TheGirard said...

I bet you that Bob would just laught it off. Of course you'd probably have to clean it up and he'd probably go and take a shit on your desk, but it would still be funny

The1GWiz said...

>>...short of me taking a shit on the bosses desk I still should have a job tomorrow.<<

C'mon, man, live a little! I double toucan dare you.