Saturday, January 21, 2006

Blue Balls

Well 24 hours from now we will know if I’m happy or if Brad is happy. Well to be honest I will be happy either way. I’ve seen too many AFC Championships games over the last 12 years involving the Steelers to be upset with them losing. The Football Gods love the Steelers up to this point, what they love more however is to pick on us fans. This will be the sixth time in 12 years that the Steelers have made it to this point and they’ve only been to one Super Bowl in that same period of time. Is it better to have a good year and fall short or is it better to be the Arizona Cardinals? I’m not really sure, I haven’t had it the other way. My three teams are the Pittsburgh Steelers, the Florida State Seminoles, and the Atlanta Braves. Pittsburgh has had only seven losing seasons in my lifetime, I turn 30 next month. Only four of those losing seasons have come since Bill Cowher took over in 1992. Cowher’s run includes one Super Bowl, six AFC championship games, a 15-1 record and countless AFC Central/North titles. FSU has won two National Championships but finished in the top 5 probably nine or ten other times in the last 15 years. The Braves have won 14 straight division titles, one World Series.

My teams get to go to the prom with the hot cheerleader very often, she just doesn’t ever put out. I expect tomorrow to be no different. But I’m not bitter, at least with hot cheerleader I have some great imagery to help me in those lonely nights. The poor Arizona Cardinal or Kansas City Royal fans, they need to fantasize about other people’s dates.

No comments: