Sunday, January 22, 2006

Living on the Road

I could go on and on about why I think today’s games are going to go. There is enough data for all four teams for me to pick any of the four to win. The biggest thing and I will continue to go back to it, being home in the NFL is huge. That is an even bigger advantage in the playoffs. Right now home teams are 3-5, sweeping today will bring them back to .500. I think that is how they will breakdown.

Carolina at Seattle. We haven’t had a blow out this entire postseason, today the Seahawks will give on to the Panthers.

Seahawks 38, Carolina 13

Pittsburgh at Denver. If there wasn’t the huge emotional ride at the end of last week’s game I think the Steelers have a chance today. Because of the emotional letdown and then them believing that they’re a team of ‘destiny’ I think the Steelers come out flat. Like they always do in the AFC Championship game they will stay in it enough for me to pay attention. They always play just hard enough for me to agonize for a full 3 hours and think it could happen, it might happen, just a few more breaks. I expect today to be no different including the results, the Steelers watching the Super Bowl instead of playing in it.

Broncos 27, Steelers 17

No comments: