Thursday, March 20, 2008

Neat, thanks for the help

The last part of shipping our stuff from CT to NC involves all the product that doesn't really have large quantities. Instead of shipping two or three pallets or even 10 to 15 cases of something I'm shipping one to five individual items. We have about 50 SKUs that have less than 12 items and that has been taking my time. The warehouse has given me two people to help combine items, put them in a box, and write the item number and quantity on the box. Neat, six weeks up here and this is the first real help I get.

Or so I thought it would be helpful. Our SKUs for die cast products are seven digits long and then sometimes an A or B attached at the end. The A or B are when we do a second paint job for the same team or item, like another Steelers Transporter. But a normal item number looks like this.

6255606

The first two boxes I grabbed that they helped me with looked like this.

620541
625518

It gets even more fun as I go through more and more boxes and get ones like these.

62588207
623124189

I'd like to thank these fine women for their help at taking a few years off my life.

No comments: