Wednesday, November 7, 2007

TMac's Mid-Season All Pros

TMac’s Mid-Season All Pros

All the cool kids are doing it, well all of the sports sites at least. I want to be a cool kid so I figure I should do it as well. Plus I like to waste a little time at work and write about football. My All Pro team will run a two TE (no FB) offense and a 3-4 defense, pretty much like the Steelers. The Steelers have a FB but they run the two TE set much more often. Where you need backups I will list them.

QB – Tom Brady (s, real easy choice)
QB – Ben Roethlisberger
RB – Adrian Peterson (s)
RB – Brian Westbrook
WR – Randy Moss (s)
WR – Braylon Edwards (s, oh the pain)
WR – Reggie Wayne
WR – Greg Jennings
TE – Jason Witten (s)
TE – Heath Miller (s)
TE – Antonio Gates
OL – I have no idea how to rate offensive linemen so I’ll just take the Patriots line. The reason Brady and the Patriots are silly this year is because Brady doesn’t get touched. Watch a Patriots game and pay attention to how little a defensive player even gets to Brady. The press should be all over the O-Line and not Moss, Welker, and Stallworth.

DE – Ose Umenyiora (s)
DE – Aaron Kampman (s)
DE – Elvis Dumervil
DT – Kevin Williams (s)
DT – Casey Hampton
OLB – James Harrison (s)
OLB – Mike Vrabel (s)
OLB – DeMarcus Ware
ILB – DeMarco Ryans (s)
ILB – James Farrior (s)
ILB – EJ Henderson
CB – Asante Samual (s)
CB – Charles Woodson (s)
CB – Antonio Cromartie
CB – Ike Taylor
FS – Sean Taylor (s)
FS – Ed Reed
SS – Bob Sanders (s)
SS – Troy Polamalu

KR – Devin Hester
PK – Nick Folk
P – Daniel Sepulveda

2 comments:

Jason said...

Without looking at numbers, but just by watching him play, I just can't give Kevin Williams any props. And if I was running a 3-4, I'd rather have Pat Williams anyway :)

TMac said...

Well none of those DEs can play in 3-4, they are way too small. 3-4 ends don't get enough numbers and usually get overlooked in Pro Bowl voting to their number happy 4-3 brothers. I can't just pick Steelers so I pick the people I've seen play or have really good numbers.