Monday, April 16, 2007

Opinions are like...

We'll they're like something.

I've wrote a few times now about that I'm going to write about my opinions on race in the US and I'm still going to. Today's horrific events at Virginia Tech however prompted me to want to write about something else.

Even with events like tragedy in Blacksburg I don't think the world or United States is any worse now than it was before. I truly believe the number of sick bastards in the worlds, the kind of person that thinks their personal problems merit shooting up a school, or they should sleep with a student, or molest one of the members of their church, whatever sick ass thing that shows up in the headlines. The number of those bastards in the world hasn't really increased, in my opinion, at least percentage wise.

There are over 6 billion people on the planet, if X percentage of people are going to be sick fucks and you have three times as many people as some 30 or 40 years ago, you're going to have three times as many sick fucks.

Instant news has made the news global and quick. If some psycho in another village 200 years ago freaked out and killed 20 people you didn't hear about it. Hell even 15 years ago it took the evening news or the next day's paper for most of the world to catch, if not days. Instant news isn't making these things more prevalent it is just making these things more on our collective consciousness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this good?

TMac said...

No. I never said it was. I'm just saying that despite the ugly stuff in the world, including the shit today, the world actually is a good place.

I do believe the world is good place, life is good. There is plenty of darkness but so many good things.