Saturday, April 7, 2007

300

How could it get more appropriate than to write about the movie 300 with my 300th post. I logged in and was going to write about Smoltz and the Braves win over the Mets but then I see the post counter stuck at 299, it just makes sense to write about 300.

Pretty Bird and I saw the movie on Thursday night. When I first saw the previews for it I was very blah about it. As I saw more and more previews I was ever more turned off by it. For me to like something that is stylized it really must be good. Then the movie was released and quite a few reviews gave it a good rating. Then even more of my friends have seen it and raved about it, then I figured it was time to see it.

Well we saw it and both loved it. 300 isn't a great movie, it isn't something that you'll look back on and say "man that was a great movie." That doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it. The lead was great, the action was great, the story held your attention. A great popcorn flick in the middle of March (or in our case April). It does set the bar of popcorn flicks high for the Year of the Trilogy.

I've seen two movies released in 2007 and I've enjoyed both of them. Hopefully this will keep up for the rest of the year.

No comments: