Wednesday, June 7, 2006

Not much better

There isn't much better than spending time with the little one. She is an absolute delight to be around, Pretty Bird and I like most parents are blessed. Tonight was a pretty laid back night. Pretty Bird had to work so we just hung around. I'm not the most active person in the world plus I'm on some pretty good pain medicine so it was fun to lounge around. She's been on a Star Wars kick since I got Knights of the Old Republic two weeks ago, more on that later. Anyways so we played Star Wars Legos, another great game for about an hour or so. Then she wanted to watch a movie and picked a Star Wars movie, my little Jedi, couldn't ask for me. She picked Jedi because it was part six.

Now this is a funny story. Revenge of the Sith has been on HBO, JDub, Pretty Bird, the little one, and I watched the last 30 minutes on Saturday night. Well not quite the last 20 minutes, from the Mace vs. Emporer fight until after Obi Wan kicks Anakins ass. The little one knows EP3 is the last one, she went and saw it with us last year. She also knows that six is bigger than three and she knows that Anakin becomes Vader in EP3 yet Vader dies in Jedi. We've had about three or four conversations since Saturday with her trying to figure all of that out. Basically it boils down to a six year old doesn't understand prequels.

She's never really watched Jedi, she wanted to see the Ewoks previously so we've skipped to those parts. It was a great time to watch it with her tonight. When Jedi came out until I was about 12 or 13 Jedi was my favorite. It was great to see her like things I liked and make some great comments.

"Daddy, I think that is Princess Leia...or maybe Luke...either way he is tricking Jabba" - speaking about Boushh.

"Chewbacca loves Han Solo daddy, he isn't going to let them hurt him"

"Wookies are very strong, stronger than Batman"

"Jedi's are better than aliens"

"Yoda is the strongest Jedi, too bad he is old"

"Yoda sounds like Miss Piggy"

"That music means the bad guys are coming"

There were a few more. It was a great night.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds like a alternate universe version of "Everything I need to know I learned in kindergarten." And yet still very true and insightful. What impresses me the most, though, is her abiliity to pick up on musical foreshadowing. Well done, padawan...well done.

Mkae said...

Awesome stuff. I'm starting to get J warmed up to watching Star Wars for the first time. He had a SW book and wanted me to read it to him. I replied "we have the movie, you know". Now he keeps pestering me to see it. :)

Bwahahahahahahahahaaaa.

TheGirard said...

Don't let Brad see the Batman comment...

TMac said...

She knows my love of Batman as well. It only came up because we were talking about Batman earlier in the day. We recently watched Batman Begins and the Superman/Batman World's Finest cartoon.

I'm probably dooming her to years of therapy but oh well.

TMac said...

I don't know if you need much insight to pick up the Imperial March, that isn't very subtle.

Brad said...

"Yoda sounds like Miss Piggy"

HAhahaha! Priceless!