Friday, June 9, 2006

Done!

I shattered my tooth leaving about 1/3 of it. Last week the pain was insane, worse than when I broke my arm. When I broke my arm it was pretty bad, it was even a case study in how I was able to break it but not break my elbow. Anyways my tooth hurt. For me to actually go to the denist is pretty impressive, I have some irrational fear about them, I could go into it but it is irrational so I don't really understand it. Anyways the denist says its broken and needs to be removed. They give me some medicine and send me on my way. They did set me up with an appointment to have it removed three weeks later. Three weeks, what the hell, I've got pliers and a bottle of vodka, lets do it now. I was able to find a doctor to remove it this week. It was also an oral surgeon and they said it was probably good that I was having them do it. Where the tooth is located the roots could create a hole in the sinus which would be bad and require follow up surgery. With an oral surgeon they can check for holes and fix them during the removal since they would knock me out.

About 9:30 this morning they removed it. Just like that last time I went under I don't remember about 2 or 3 minutes before I was unconscious. There is no hole in the sinus which is good because apparently that hurts and requires a longer recovery time. I haven't eaten since last night at 11:00pm and yet I don't have much desire to now, unless you ask my stomach. Drugs are helping and I should be much better in 24~36 hours or so they say.

Normally I just write fluff about Star Wars or baseball or football but I figured I would give everyone an update.

7 comments:

Jason said...

So, we're going to the all-you-can-eat buffet for dinner tomorrow night? :)

Anonymous said...

I told you I could do it. All I needed was a rock and an ice skate.

Anonymous said...

Poor baby.......can I stop worrying now?

Mkae said...

Exploding teeth. That is SOOOOOOOOO Jack Bauer!

Hope you're feeling better you big baby.

:)

Brad said...

Oh! pretty_bird beat me to the ice skate remark!!

How you ate eating and feeling better soon.

TheGirard said...

at least you look like you belong in a Carolina now.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the false tooth club Trevor!