Tuesday, March 7, 2006

Words of Wisdom

from Armageddon?

If you don't know the story then you're probably lucky but I'm not going to tell you. So they land the shuttle, they have to drill into the asteroid but they landed incorrectly and are on a big plate of iron. Bruce Willis' character and a few others are really worried about being able to drill through iron, apparantly that is tough. Having never drilled through an asteroid before I guess I'll have to take their word for it. Everyone is all worried about being able to drill through to the necessary depth. They must hit random X feet to be able to put the bomb into the asteroid so they can properly blow it up. Obviously if you don't put the bomb into the asteroid at a certain depth, you can't blow it up. They must do this before the asteroid hits the Earth killing Liv Tyler, Jason Isaacs, Billy Bob, Spawn, and a few billion other people. So now onto the wisdom, which I use a lot in my life, moreso at my current job.

Bruce - "Well the iron can't be more than 50 ft. deep"
Other guy - "How do you know that?"
Bruce - "Because if it is, we're fucked"

Certain things I have control over, certain things I don't. I can't sit around worrying about things that I have really no control over, even if they could ruin whatever it is that I'm worried about. Words to live by.

BTW, that is the only thing important out of Armageddon you now don't need to see it, if you've been able to avoid that hell to this point.

5 comments:

BubbaJoe said...

That is not the only lesson to take from Armagedon...

"Never F*** the bosses daughter. Even if he likes you, he will still probably try to shoot you with a shotgun."

I learned that lesson from Armegedon. Words to live by! =)

Brad said...

But if you ever happen to rent the DVD there is a funny outtake with Billy Bob where he uses his slingblade voice and says something like, "Welp ... I reccon that asteroid ... is gonna kill us."

TMac said...

Bubba it is sleeping with anyone's daughter. I already have the shotgun picked out for a few years from now.

Anonymous said...

Mental note: The next time I play Mr. McGregor a game of LOTR, start talking about his daughter's future boyfriends. (=

I know own you Trevor!

- Enrique

TheGirard said...

dude...that movie is a classic. I believe it's in my top 20.

...the scenery changes and they let me use explosives.