Friday, March 31, 2006

Opening Day!

Opening Day is on Sunday! The Braves open on Monday in Los Angeles and then next Monday in Atlanta. Since 1996 this will be only the third Braves home opener I've missed. I've been to some great opening day games. I've seen Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz, Neagle, and even Horacio Ramirez start the opener. I've seen 2-0 games, 10-8 games, wins, losses, home runs, double steals, passed balls, blown saves, lead changes, great plays, bad plays, you name it. There have been some good opponents like the Giants, Cubs, Mets, even the Phillies (they were good sometimes) and of course some junk ones like the Brewers (although they seem to be better now), Expos, and Rockies. I've been with a friend, a group of friends, both my brothers, and even Pretty Bird. Pretty Bird and I were at Turner Field's first regular season game. First Braves hit, Chipper, home run Michael Tucker!

Next Monday while the three of us are having a great time at Disney World a little part of me will be sad that I'm not watching Smoltz vs. the Phillies. Go Braves!

2 comments:

TheGirard said...

Let's Go Mets!
Let's Go Mets!

Anonymous said...

Not the Mets!

I can't stand the Spankees, but in a Spankees/Mets game I'm all about the Spankees winning.