Tuesday, March 7, 2006

In the Spotlight or Out

One thing I didn't explain, one of the main reasons I don't let celebrity deaths even enter into my life, is we don't know who they really are, or at least I don't. I loved Kirby Puckett on the field, he was a player that any fan of baseball could root for and enjoy watching. Like I said earlier he is one of the main reasons, along with Dale Murphy, Roger Clemens, Andre Dawson, and Don Mattingly, that I started to like baseball. If you look hard enough though you find that maybe Kirby wasn't the best person off the field. Everyone has things they regret or at least would like to change in their past and I'm not going to throw dirt on one of my baseball favorites. Let's just say that out of the spotlight celebrities probably aren't saints.

Then you look at Dana Reeve. Her claim to fame, why she is in the headlines, is for being Superman's widow. She wasn't a typical celebrity wife though, she was there for her man even when it got hard. She is celebrity not for hitting a HR, robbing Ron Gant of a hit, being a movie star, or anything like that. She is a celebrity because she was there for her husband when her husband needed her the most. Isn't that what a celebrity should be?

Rest In Peace Dana.

This will be my last mourning post, at least until the third celebrity dies. Things happen in threes. Admitting that I'm superstitious is the first step to recovery. However I like my little quirks, so I'm not admitting anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You forgot about Don Knotts.

- Enrique