Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remember and Learn

Yes I understand that seven years ago some crazy fucking idiots flew airplanes into buildings. I remember watching all day on TV (because I was working nights), I just couldn't believe it and couldn't stop watching. I still can't get over how tragic and awful that it was. I can't fathom running up into a burning building no matter the reason. I don't think I could do that save my wife or daughter being in the building. Yet there I watched it on TV, firemen, policemen, friends, neighbors, many people trying to save whoever they could. I don't want to forget how tragic 9/11 was and I want us to learn from our mistakes going forward.

I do wish politicians wouldn't use 9/11 to try and make political gains. Nothing that stems from 9/11 can be viewed as a victory. It was a failed foreign policy and failed law enforcement/intelligence that lead to 9/11. Since 2001 all that 9/11 has done is lead to even more failed foreign policy and law enforcement tactics. Just leave well enough alone. It's a tragedy, remember it and learn from it. Don't try and make political gains from it.

No comments: