Saturday, September 13, 2008

Preseason Predictions (A week late)

I wrote this last week but for someone reason it saved instead of posts. I'm such a bad player I didn't realize it until Thursday or so. I'm such a bad blogger. Either way I did write these last week.

Pre-Season Predictions
Some years I do preseason predictions, some years I don't. This year I decided it would be fun. Remember about half the teams from one year don't make the playoffs the next. That isn't a bad outlook for the Steelers since they play 8 playoff teams in 16 games plus the 10-6 Browns. Playoff teams in italics.

AFC
East - I think the whole division outside of the Patriots will be improved this year. I don't think the Patriots will be bad I just don't think you can improve on 16-0. The Jets are overrated by the media and the Fish will probably win 6 games. The Bills I expect to go 9-7 though and be the 6th wild card team.

Patriots
Bills
Jets
Dolphins

North - I really don't like to pick Pittsburgh to win, I don't like to jinx them. This is part of my rehabilitation to realize what I do doesn't usually have much impact. That is as long as I don't smite the Football Gods. The Browns will probably beat the Steelers at least once this year. The Browns are still very overrated. The Bengals and the Ravens just stink. The Steelers have depth issues on both lines which is really bad who knows maybe they don't really get any major injuries, doubtful.

Steelers
Browns
Bengals
Ravens

South -I want to not pick the Colts, I think this year age and bad luck finally catch up to them. They do have the best player in football in Peyton Manning so that counts for a lot. I think the Jags will stutter and not make the playoffs. I think Garrard isn't actually very good. The Texans might finish second and edge out the Bills for the 6th spot but I'm not sure. The Titans aren't good on offense and eventually the smoke and mirrors offense won't work. The Titans do have a really good D though.

Colts
Jaguars
Texans
Titans

West - The Broncos have a really good offense. Cutler and Marshall are going to emerge as huge stars this year. The Chargers have a ton of injuries on key players. Rivers, LdT, Gates, and Merriman are all battling pretty big injuries, either recent or from last year. The Chargers are still a 10-6 team or so even with all the injuries. The Raiders are dysfunctional but not actually that bad. The Chiefs just stink. This is a weird division for coaches. Edwards, Kiffen, and Turner are all awful. Shanahan should clean up in this division.

Broncos
Chargers
Raiders
Chiefs

NFC
East - Dallas is the best team in the NFC. They are probably the second best team behind the Patriots. They have some question marks, like is TO going to blow up. Either way they're really good. The Eagles now have some youth on defense and the explosive Westbrook. If McNabb can find other people to throw the ball to they'll be the second or third best team in the NFC. The Giants will be 8-8 or so. They lost too much and they have to play the Cowboys and Eagles twice. The Redskins are really bad. They won last year with smoke and mirrors and that won't work this year.

Cowboys
Eagles
Giants
Redskins

North - I think Minnesota is the second best in the NFC. Like the 90s Steelers teams they'll do pretty well in the regular season. Like those Steelers teams they'll be exposed in the playoffs with bad QB play. If the Vikings had any top half QB, just like those Steelers, they'd be a top 3 or 4 team. I think Green Bay played out of their minds last year and come back to earth some. The loss of Favre isn't that big a deal but I don't expect them to make the playoffs. The less said about the Lions and Bears the better.

Vikings
Packers
Bears
Lions

South - New Orleans should blow through this division. They have incredible talent on the offense and finally some talent on the D. Carolina should be good provided Delhomme and Peppers actually remember they're pretty good. Well Jake isn't bad but Peppers is awesome. Tampa Bay wasn't good last year and this year the record will reflect that. The Falcons are still a year or two away.

Saints
Panthers
Bucs
Falcons

West - Yes I'm picking Arizona to win the division. Yes in the past I've done this and they've shit all over my pick. This year it's gotta work right! The Seahawks won't have enough on offense but they've got a decent defense. The 49ers could surprise people but I doubt it. The Rams aren't good at all.

Cardinals
Seahawks
49ers
Rams

No comments: