Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Four Months Later

And what a painful four months it was. I do like me some Heroes and having it go away for the summer wasn't any fun. I'm guilty of wanting more out of the premier than was delivered last night. It wasn't bad, I was just expecting more, which is typically your own fault. I've found with movies and sometimes TV that keeping your expectations in check will really change if you like or dislike something.

To go from saving NYC from the brain eating, evil guy who was going to nuke it to dealing with bad paper store managers and the in-crown cheerleards, a little bit of a let down for the Bennets.

So far I'm not a fan of the Wonder Twin storyline.

I do like that Hiro was read stories about himself.

I think the British Kensei is going to be a fun character.

I'm really shocked that someone hasn't commented on the impeding addition of Kritsen Bell. More hot blondes can never hurt a show.

I wish I would have remained spoiler free. When they kept spoiling that an older Hero would die I just knew it was Sulu. I wish it was Lady McBeth instead.

The virus storyline, I haven't read an X-Men book in a bit so this isn't old news for me. The virus storyline happens every other month in X-books but on Heroes I'm sure it will be refreshing.

Repeat powers, you knew it had to happen sooner or later.

So when you blow up you end up in a container in Ireland? I would say you get $10 if you guessed the end of the show reveal but you should have guessed the end of the show reveal.

I know it sounds like I really didn't like the episode but I did. It is almost the perfect geek show, this episode just didn't live up to expectations is all.

2 comments:

Jason said...

When I heard "virus," I groaned. I hope it turns out to be a fake or something.

Mkae said...

Yeah, the virus thing was a bit of a letdown. Kring claims he doesn't read ANY comics but I'm doubting that.

I pegged the ending as soon as you saw the guys searching for containers. I knew it would be Peter. I think the interesting part is who the guy they were pulling the job for. I believe the whole thing was a setup somehow, so we'll see how it plays out.

The wonder twins? Meh. We'll see. Things are never what they seem on this show. I also don't think Takei is gone for good. We never did see his power AND his son has the ability to time travel.