Thursday, September 13, 2007

Cheating

I'm not going to try and justify cheating. Actually I think cheating really stinks. But I do believe the media is dramatically overreacting to the Patriots sign stealing story. I would not surprised to find out the entire NFL tries to steal signs. I'm sure the Patriots are better at it than some but I'm sure everyone of the 32 teams tries. I think the NFL did the right thing if they are trying to curb it, losing draft picks really stings. My problem is the media however, they are just making a huge deal of it, like the Patriots are the only ones that do it. They just got caught.

Would someone please tell me again why I should buy shoes Shawne Merriman is pimping? He is also a cheater, uses something that really can hurt a teenager trying to play football, and now Nike wants him to pimp their shoes. Nice.

2 comments:

Jason said...

So, should the NFL pull all Patriots merchandise now because they cheated, just like Shawne Merriman? If Merriman can't sell shoes, then the Patriots can't sell sweatshirts. (OMG, what will Bellichek wear?)

If everyone's making too big a deal of what the Patriots did, why are you still on Merriman's case a year after his suspension? You're "making a huge deal of it, like he's the only one that does it. He just got caught."

EJ said...

I believe the rules state that the opponent has to raise his hand and call for the judge. Cheating might occur all the time, but it would be unfair for me to interfere even if I see it.

What game are we talking about again?