Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Vote Early, Vote Often

The MLB All-Star game is basically a joke but I'm not here to rip it. I actually do enjoy watching it every year and I really enjoy voting. I mix my vote between favorites and players that are having the best year. If I vote for one of my favorite players then I make sure he is at least close to the guy having the best year. Of course none of it really matters, household names, players from popularity/population centers NY and Boston, notorious ballot stuffers Philly and St. Louis, and anyone from Japan (online voting means a whole, high population country votes for you) are usually the ones near the top of the vote. Voting also takes place too early and you get 25 votes per person. So go to mlb.com and vote, maybe even 25 times.

Here is my ballot
American League
1B Justin Morneau, Minnesota (David Ortiz will win. Either deserves it)
2B BJ Upton, Tampa Bay (Robinson Cano will win, Upton or Bip Roberts deserve it)
SS Derek Jeter, New York (Jeter will win, easily. Jeter probably deserves it)
3B Alex Rodriguez, New York (ARod will win, easily. He also easily deserves it)
C Victor Martinez, Cleveland (Jorge Posada will win. Jorge also deserves to make it but I can't vote for three Yankees)
It is really dumb you vote for OF but you do
OF Vladimir Guerrero, Los Angeles (Will win, deserves to win. Great player)
OF Torii Hunter, Minnesota (Ichiro will win, Torii deserves to win)
OF Magglio Ordonez, Detroit (Manny Ramirez will win, Magglio deserves to win)

National League
1B Prince Fielder, Milwaukee (Carlos Delgado or Albert Pujols will win, Prince deserves to win)
2B Kelly Johnson, Atlanta (Chase Utley will win and deserves to win)
SS Edgar Renteria, Atlanta (Jose Reyes will win, JJ Hardy deserves to win)
3B Chipper Jones, Atlanta (David Wright will win, Chipper or Miguel Cabrera should win)
C Russell Martin, Los Angeles (I wanted to vote for McCann but couldn't. Paul LoDuca will win, Martin easily deserves to win)
OF Jeff Francouer, Atlanta (Carlos Beltran will win and deserves to as well)
OF Matt Holiday, Colorado (Barry Bonds will win but I haven't voted for Bonds, ever. I used to only vote for players I liked and Bonds played for the Pirates and Giants vs. the Braves, not good. Holliday deserves to win)
OF Ken Griffey, Jr., Cincinnati (Alfonso Soriano will win, Adam Dunn or Griffey deserve to win but I like Griffey)

So go vote early and remember to vote often.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's my list and it works in both leagues.

1B Bugs Bunny
2B Bugs Bunny
3B Bugs Bunny
SS Bugs Bunny
LF Bugs Bunny
CF Bugs Bunny
RF Bugs Bunny
C Bugs Bunny
P Bugs Bunny
DH Bugs Bunny