Thursday, August 31, 2006

One week to go!


Yup, one week from today I will be in Pittsburgh ready to see the Steelers defend their Super Bowl title. It should be great time. The Steelers haven't looked great in pre-season but that doesn't matter. They return 19 of 22 starters, not bad.

Yesterday was also my last day on the infernal 'summer hours' at work. The only problem is that we aren't going back to 8-5 we're going to 7:30-4:30. Most of the office lives 10+ miles from the office and wants to avoid traffic. I actually think I'm going to prefer this change but I do love my sleep.

I'm also off to Dragon*Con today. Since 1993 this will be my 11th Dragon*Con. It has changed a lot over the years and morphed into basically just a big party. My first passion, comics, have really been removed from Dragon*Con yet it is still a pretty strong show for gaming. With us being based in Charlotte it makes sense for us to come down and run some tournaments.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to see pictures, LOTS OF PICTURES!!!

- Enrique

PS.
Try to keep an eye on your laptop this time.

Anonymous said...

I guess there wasn't a bus to Hooters on Thursday night?

Try not to enjoy your debauchery too much. :P

The1GWiz said...

You're about 15 feet away from me and I want to tease you about Roethlisberger missing time. But I've decided I'll wait and let you read this since seeing you cry always makes me uncomfortable.


Feed four horses round sausages.