Sunday, June 8, 2008

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting!

I took The Little One to see Kung Fu Panda this morning. That is actually how we go to the movies now because the shows before 12pm are very cheap. Anyway the movie was very good. I think Iron Man is still #1 for me this year but Kung Fu Panda was great. Very funny and entertaining. The movie was in the digital theater so that helped even more.

It's almost the middle of June and I've only seen five movies in the theater. That's really weird for me, I mean really weird. I love going to the movies but I guess the cost finally is problematic. We can afford to go to the movies more but it just doesn't make as much sense. It only takes three months or so for a movie to hit DVD and my 55 inch TV looks pretty damn good.

Unlike this time last year though I've enjoyed everything I've see so far this year. Last year the "Year of the Trilogy" was frankly pretty shitty with only Bourne being a good three-quel. This year I've seen Rambo (not a good movie but I enjoyed it), Cloverfield, Iron Man, Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skrulls, and now Kung Fu Panda. Only Rambo wasn't a good movie but the others all were.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Actually, I found out today (went to see Narnia) that it's $5 until 4 pm on Sundays. So, no getting up super-early, at least until football season.

And I hope this means we'll stop seeing KFP ads/trailers soon. I'd rather watch election commercials.