Thursday, December 6, 2007

We don't bet on the Steelers

Someone at work was going to give me 20 points if I'd bet with him on the Steelers/Patriots game. I didn't take it and then had to deal with my boss giving me shit over and over again. My family doesn't bet on the Steelers, I think it is bred into us. Here is an actual exchange with my uncle this year in June. He is telling me a story about him and his neighbor and last year's Dolphins/Steelers game. The won that opened the season after they won the Super Bowl. My uncle is a 45 year old construction worker who does like his beer and lives a little north of Miami. Here is how the story went.

His neighbor wanted him to bet $100 on the Steelers.

Neighbor - "TMacs Uncle, come on bet me $100 that your Steelers win"
TMacs Uncle - "I don't bet on the Steelers"
N - "What, you don't like your team enough to wager $100 on them"
TU - "I don't bet on the Steelers"
N - "Come on, it just a $100"
TU - "We don't fucking bet on the Steelers in my family"
N - "Wimps, come on bet"
TU - We don't fucking bet on the Steelers!"

I'm sure it went back and forth but that is what it is like. We don't fucking bet on the Steelers. Bad enough I have to pick their game every week. To my boss that wouldn't leave me alone, "WE DON'T FUCKING BET ON THE STEELERS", just leave me alone. I don't pick on you about liking the Seahawks. Well okay, I do but it is the Seahawks.

I did finally shut him up by asking him if he had a Seahawks Super Bowl 40 t-shirt. Man he wouldn't leave me alone.

No comments: