Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Rocky, Rocky, Rocky!

I'm at a complete loss for words after seeing Rocky (#5, because Rocky #5 didn't happen) Balboa. It isn't that the movie is that good, although it is really good. In fact it is probably the best movie I've seen all year. My surprise and amazement comes from that how unexpectedly good it was and the crowd reaction. I love all four Rocky movies (again there is no #5, just like the 1996 World Series it never happened), the first one is an incredible sports movie, #2 is pretty good, and #3 and #4 are just great guilty pleasures. I wasn't expecting much from this one but I had time to kill and for some reason I wanted to see it. It was really, really good but again the thing that really got me was the audience's reaction. Twice in the movie there was a huge ovation including a standing one at the end of the movie. This was in a very uppity part of town, I wasn't expecting that at all.

If you like sports movies or Rocky movies or both do yourself a favor and go see Rocky Balboa. Make sure you stay through the credits, that was the best credit sequence I've seen in a long time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

With all of this sports talk, I'm surprised that the new Campbell's Chunky Soup commercial hasn't been discussed.

You know, the one where Matt Hasselbeck gets pasted by Steelers? That one.

BubbaJoe said...

We don't like to talk about that comercial. But I bet it would irk Ian and Ed, so maybe that is a good idea... =)