Sunday, February 15, 2009

Griffey, really?

If had a list of my favorite baseball players of all-time Ken Griffey, Jr. would be on it. Not sure where, probably the top 10. However this is 2009 and I really don't want the Braves to sign Griffey, he's old and more then a little past his prime.

I mean come on, Griffey was on the Simpsons in 1992 with current players like Jose Canseco, Steve Sax, Don Mattingly, and Ozzie Smith. He won his MVP twelve years ago! He made his major league debut in 1989! In 1989 Batman and Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade came out. In 1989 I was 13!

Man this Braves team is going to be really bad.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Thanks for putting things in perspective.

Now I feel even older.

Thankfully he recovered from gigantism.

TMac said...

That's true. It does make us feel older doesn't it buddy?

Brad said...

I think the braves are just worried that they won't have anyone on their injured reserve