Thursday, November 13, 2008

Winner!

Three tournaments at the Treasure Island this year (two in July, one today) and three times I've cashed in them. I got 5th and 2nd in July and tonight I got 1st! In July Vegas was much busier so the tournaments had 60 to 80 players tonight they only had 49 plus 3 rebuys. Still it is nice to get $890 to pay for Christmas. I didn't really have any major memorable hands. I just stayed in the middle of the pack most of the way until the last 8 and then I doubled up with AJ vs. KQ and neither of us hit. That put me in third with 8 to go.

When I got heads up I was down probably 2 to 1, maybe a little closer. The poker boss gave us the chop amount and I of course offered to chop. The other player looked at his chips and then at mine and said no. Heads up 2 to 1 isn't that big a lead but I'm not sure I would have taken the chop either. Of course if I wasn't going to take the chop I would have been a better heads up player. This guy just wasn't good at all. He let me push him around a little stealing a few blinds. Then he tries to push me around with all in my big blind when I had KK. Then it was just a matter of time until my A7 took out his K7 suited.

Not a bad way to end my trip to Vegas.

No comments: