Thursday, July 17, 2008

Fun work conversations

A question in the office was raise as to what number Derrick Rose would wear in the NBA. I guess it is nice when your job actually involves sports conversations. Here's how the conversation went.

Guy #1 - "What number is Rose going to wear in the pros?"
Guy #2 - "Why not 23, that was his number in college"
Tmac - "Um, not so much."
Guy #2 - "Why not, he was the #1 pick he'll get to pick his number"
Tmac - "Yeah, the #1 pick by the Chicago Bulls"
Guy #1 and #2 - "So"

Now I'm sure by now, 20 minutes later they've figured it out. I'm also sure given enough thought they probably could have figured it out on the spot. Maybe you have to be somewhat of a sports fan to know why that isn't going to be his number in the NBA. On the other hand my wife doesn't like the NBA at all I still bet she could tell you why a 19 year old in 2008 is not going to wear #23 for the Chicago Bulls. For that matter why anyone, ever is not going to wear #23 for the Bulls.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michael Jordan anyone?

Anonymous said...

I know diddly and squat about basketball, but I do know Jordan was #23.