Tuesday, November 7, 2006

Business as usual

For those that are worried, well first I appreciate it and second everything seems to be business as normal. I’m referring to the buyout of my portion of RC2 by a private holding company. Obviously there might be some initial hiccups that could be problematic in the short term, stuff like transferring benefits or payroll information. I know that stuff will work out, probably very soon, but we are prepared for any little snags. As for the actual running of the company, it seems right now and for the foreseeable future everything is business as normal. We’ve been aware that this change was coming for a few months now and I’m very relieved that it is finally over with and we can focus on the new company. A few of us are hoping for some changes before too long, we’ll see how that turns out.

Again, thanks for the concern. Over the past four or five days I’ve received a number of phone calls, emails, and IMs with friends concerned on how things were going for me. I appreciate it and things seem to be as usual. One nice bonus to all this was RC2 paid us 5/6th of our bonus now instead of having to wait until March to get it. That wasn’t bad.

1 comment:

Mkae said...

The sky is falling! How dare your company make such a decision without consulting us customers, who spend money on your products! Who do you think you are?? Why weren't WE consulted! Is my money wasted? Will I be able to sell all of my cards and make more money than I paid????


Sound familiar yet?