Monday, September 11, 2006

Remembering

I don't really want to get sappy or anything like that. I know everyone will remember where they were five years ago today for the rest of their lives. I know people will talk about terror this or red state/blue state this or annoying security checks that. I even know there are people who say that it is either too soon for fiction based on it or even the crazy ones who believe part or all of it was set up or staged. Most of that will be written about by others who are much better writers than I am.

On September 11, 2001 I do remember where I was (for the record ready to go to sleep after an overnight shift at Toys R Us) and I will never forget it. I just want to say that I will always remember the tragedy, the loss suffered by the entire country, and the repercussions that have endured and will endure for years to come. To the many men and women who serve this country and their communities and the one who've given the ultimate price to make it safer or better for me and my loved ones, from the bottom of my heart, thank you.

No comments: